Kuma WiFi Antenna – High Power Long Range 802.11g/n WiFi USB Adapter
Providing your caravan, boat or lorry with at least twice as many long-range WiFi connections – Use with your laptop to share your internet connection across devices – iPads, tablets, smartphones and other laptops and computers can all share the new, improved internet connection
Simply plug and play – installs in seconds on Windows 10 giving you a huge range of options to chose from.
Are you fed up of not being able to get an internet connection whilst away, or if you can it is so far away from your campsite that it is weak and slow??
The new High power, long-range WiFi antenna from acdctv will change that.
Using a 16dBi high gain antenna it can connect to a far-off WiFi signal, boost it and provide you with a fast and reliable internet connection which can then be shared among several devices using your laptop’s existing wireless network card. Just simply pole mount the weatherproof, lightweight unit outside of your vehicle or vessel and run the 5-meter cabling to connect via USB to your computer. This is also ideal for mounting on a jockey wheel. The 16dBi Directional Panel Antenna compatible with B/G/N is capable of boosting a signal up to 1.5km in ideal conditions. The range on this antenna is top quality due to it being a directional antenna. It is tried and tested that a directional antenna will outperform an omnidirectional antenna as the unit is focusing all of the power of the signal in a much more concentrated beam, and will not pick up on any interference. Using your Computer as a Wi-Fi Hotspot? This WiFi Antenna is also available as part of a kit with a router, meaning you can share a boosted signal between devices such as iPads, tablets and phones even if you do not have a laptop. Please click here for more details.If you have several devices that you wish to use with the improved Wi-Fi signal provided by your booster aerial, this is possible by setting up your computer or laptop as a Wi-Fi hotspot. This will enable you to share the Wi-Fi connection with as many other devices as you require. Full instructions on how to do this can be found here
This complete WiFi antenna kit includes the antenna, a 5m USB cable, pole mount clip and of course full instructions on how to install, setup and run your mobile WiFi for your caravan, motorhome, boat or lorry. Compatible with Windows 8/10 and Mac OS 10.5-10.8. Please note this antenna is not compatible with XP. For the full list of specifications, please click here
Please note, some machines (mainly laptops) have the ability to globally disable WiFi connections using a button or switch. Please make sure WiFi is enabled before you plug in your WiFi adaptor or your computer may not recognise the device.
How to set up on Windows 10 and 8 PC/laptops
1. Start by removing the cover off your WiFi antenna by pushing the antenna cover on the bottom of the antenna down with both fingers to release the clip, you will have to apply light pressure when pushing down for it to pop off.
2. Plug the micro USB end of the 5-metre cable into the WiFi Antenna and wrap the cable around inside the unit for a tight fit.
3. Replace the cover back onto the bottom of the antenna and make sure the wire is coming out of one of the holes on the bottom.
4. The antenna is a directional antenna – so it has a 90 degree field of view from the flat part of the antenna. Point the flat front part of the antenna towards the WiFi Signal you are trying to connect to.
5. Once you have pointed the WiFi antenna towards the WiFi signal Plug in the USB end into your windows laptop/PC.
6. When you plug the antenna in you will hear a windows connection noise the drivers which you need for the antenna to work on your Windows machine will be installed automatically and a driver install box will appear on some machines.
7. Once the driver install box has finished and closed you will now have a WiFi 2 option in your WiFi menu. Simply connect to the network of your choice with the password provided from the owner/site of the network in the list on the WiFi 2 List to get your boosted signal connection.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.